Whole Child School application lottery complete
From: Whole Child School update (updatewholechildschool.ca)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:21:54 -0800 (PST)
Dear Whole Child School supporter,

The first-round lottery for the Whole Child School is now complete and
we have begun the process of notifying parents of the results.  If you
are a parent who applied, you will receive a telephone call this week
letting you know that your application was accepted or waitlisted.  We
are able to extend 159 first-round acceptances in response to the 320+
applications we received.

When Whole Child School opens in September 2009, we will be offering
the following grades:

3 combined JK/SK classes
1 Grade One class
1 Grade Two class
1 Grade Three class
1 Grade 4/5 combined class

There were, unfortunately, not enough applicants to consider a grade
offering in 2009 at the 6, 7, or 8 levels.  However, we look forward
to growing together as a school into a full JK-8 offering in the
coming years.

If you are notified of your acceptance, you will be asked to make an
appointment to register your child during the week of March 2-6.  To
make this registration, you will need to come to Roden Public School
in person with the required documentation.

We expect to be in a position to extend second-round acceptances later in March.

Due to the fact that we need to make over 300 phone calls this week,
we respectfully request that you do not contact Roden Public School
with questions regarding the status of your application.  Also, we
request that you do not send registration and
acceptance inquiries to the WCS website address as we will not be able
to respond to them for the next 2-3 weeks.

Sincerely,
WCS Organizing Committee
  • (no other messages in thread)